At Beautiful Brown Girls™, our mission to create unique and meaningful experiences for women of color to create a world that runs on love, acceptance, and sisterhood. The BBG membership platform is our space for making deep and meaningful connections online and in-person.
As the Gathering & Event Producer at Beautiful Brown Girls™, you’ll step into a fantastic community-building role as we grow our members network. You’ll serve as the main contact/guest host for our virtual BBG events, and be the liaison link between our BBG events team, additional guest hosts, and work collaboratively with the Founder to ensure our members have a magical virtual gathering experience.
- Plan and Coordinate Gatherings
- Oversee special gathering operations, performing outbound outreach to prospective special gathering guests, identifying targets
- Schedule and plan gatherings, ensuring all partners are valued from first communication touch point
- Regularly update the Founder on special gathering asks and planning progress
- Execute and support gathering strategy as created by Director of Community
- Create gathering copy and pre-gathering assets for guest hosts to review and approve
- Conduct brief pre-gathering speaker calls as needed
- Comfortable with a non-traditional work schedule: in this role you will need to attend evening gatherings outside of “9-5” hours
- Attend and Support Gatherings
- Attend special gatherings as needed, comfortable with stepping in to participate and/or introduce a guest
- Support technical glitches on Zoom and troubleshoot challenges in real time
- Clip gathering recordings and upload on to our Beautiful Brown Girls™ members network
- Assist Community Manager in pre and post-gathering attendee correspondence
- Follow up with partners and special guest hosts following gatherings, maintaining positive external relationships
- Evolve Processes and Resources
- Collaborate with the Director of Community to ensure our gatherings are a warm, welcoming, and enjoyable virtual experience for attendees, developing materials and brand standards which craft the experience, identity, and demeanor of our gatherings and how they relate to our mission and brand
- Serve as the feedback loop liaison to Beautiful Brown Girls™ and our internal teams so that we can serve our community’s needs
- Update partner tracker to effectively maintain relationships with external partners over time
- Commitment to our mission of helping people build more meaningful community as a way of taking care
- 1+ years prior experience in sales/business development, event planning, customer service, community organizing, and/or hospitality
- You have a knack for successfully identifying and recruiting speakers or partners
- Proven experience in a deadline driven environment
- You’re a self-starter – setting priorities, shaping processes, and executing quickly and effectively. You’re able to foresee problems before they come up and develop action-oriented plans to address them.
- You’re extremely organized, to the max. You love a good spreadsheet and organized docs!
- You’re highly empathetic, and exhibit strong collaboration skills when working on a team; you have a flexible, creative, and analytical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple projects and balancing competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to comfortably handle high pressure situations
- You can roll up your sleeves and “get things done” in a fast-paced, startup environment – even when something might technically not be in your “job description”
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- General knowledge of Zoom with the ability to grow into our in-house expert!
Start date TBD but the goal is to have someone in place by February 2021.
Roughly 2-5 hours per week, and be available on designated event days.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Freelance Gathering & Event Producer” by January 23rd.