At Beautiful Brown Girls™, our mission to create unique and meaningful experiences for women of color to create a world that runs on love, acceptance, and sisterhood. The BBG membership platform is our space for making deep and meaningful connections online and in-person.
The Brand Partnerships Manager will work alongside the Founder to support the development and execution of strategic marketing partnerships that drive both revenue and marketing support to the label.
• This role combines new business development and sales skills with ongoing relationship management.
• Create a systematic, process-driven approach to partner outreach and relationship management
• Identify and source partnership opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls, emails and client visits
• Research partners, identify key players and generate interest
• Oversee product placement opportunities for virtual and in-person events. This includes outreach, negotiation of fees, contract execution and seeing through deliverables for brands.
• Handle account management for deals brought in by the Founder. This includes project management from concept to execution. Manager will serve as a primary client contact.
• Develop and manage integrated brand programs/campaigns to increase artist commercial awareness
• Ownership of program and project ideation process – lead the development of creative concepts and guide the packaging and delivery of ideas and new business presentations
• Proactively communicate with agency, media, digital, and brand industries to explore opportunities
• Build and maintain strategic relationships with current and future partners
• Research measure and negotiate brand partnership agreements
• On-going management of clients and programs
• Entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated success in driving new business from concept, to sale, and through the execution phase
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial, and value points with partners and internal teams.
• Demonstrated experience in bringing concepts to life through written presentations
• A strong network of clients who hold decision making responsibilities for strategic marketing partnerships
• Ability to collaborate across multiple groups and understand the value of working as a team
• Must have ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels – in person, on the phone and in writing
• Strong organizational and time management skills: ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously that are deadline sensitive
• Excellent writing, communications, negotiation and analytical skills
• Self-starter, will take initiative with new projects with ability to make cold calls
• MUST be fluent in Excel and PowerPoint
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strategic thinker
• Networking aptitude
• Great multitasking skills
• Attention to details
Start date TBD but the goal is to have someone in place by February 2021.
Roughly 3-6 hours per week, and be available on designated event days.
$500* Monthly Retainer with 15% revenue share
*Dependent on whether Beautiful Brown Girls should have additional gathering needs that surpass the allotted hours a week.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Freelance Brand Partnerships Manager” by January 23rd.